How to create an outstanding multimedia presentation
With the development of mobile devices, computers, projectors, and modern technologies generally multimedia resources are being increasingly used to illustrate some data and showcase certain materials. These presentations are advantageous for any kind of reports, lectures, or cultural and business events. Their benefits comparing to normal presentations are obvious due to the integral distinguishing features: interactive videos/ animations/ soundtracks/ pictures and photos/ 3D models and navigational effects that make a presentation haunting and attention grabbing. Those elements are actually what a term “multimedia” implies.
The first thing to do before completing a multimedia presentation is to choose software that suits your requirements perfectly. Until recently Microsoft PowerPoint has been extremely popular tool and despite it’s still widely used Adobe Flash and Apple Keynote became a worthy alternative and sometimes even a better option. There are also numerous less known programs like Jing, Zoho Notebook, Prezi, Audioboo as good as the aforementioned. I prefer using following software to do my presentation perfectly.
Its biggest plus is that this software allows one creating great videos and footage. Strong video components put it on the first place when you’d like to focus on the visual part. It can be easily inbuilt within your website, so that after a public presentation you are able to share your report further over the Internet. Although, it takes quite some time to get used to the toolbar and to puzzle out how its elements are incorporated and interrelated. You may even need to turn for a help to a graphic designer.
Apple as usually made everything possible for the design to be bright and stylish; and what is more to fill in presentations with brilliant visual effects and smooth transitions. However, Apple software is compatible only with Apple’s hardware and this particular program has been initially developed for iPad and iPhone. If you want to create presentation “on the run” that’s exactly what you are looking for.
It’s a universal tool which can satisfy even the most exacting users. Simple and multifunctional: no wonder it became favorite tool of almost all users. Microsoft never stops producing updates to the Office package and different templates can be easily found online for free. You do not need to search for the PowerPoint, as it is always installed on your computer along with the whole Microsoft Office programs.
Hints for Multimedia Presentations
You have to pick up a tool you are familiar with and the one you like presentations created with most of all. Whether it is PowerPoint or Prezi make sure to follow particular rules to avoid certain pitfalls:
- The background should not distract or cover text, but highlight it. Key text should be easily readable (minimum 18-point font) and clear if a person sits far from you. Up to 100 words is acceptable but it’s better to display short points (takes up to 30-50 words).
- Despite multimedia presentation accents visual materials, right balance between video/ audio/ pictures and text should be kept. Though, if it concerns video with narrations your main task is to manage a timing perfectly not to bore an audience with the same screen or too long reflexions. Include only essential key phrases representing the very essence of matter and make them as short and eye-catching as possible.
- Use not only impressive facts and pictures but more plain as well to strike the chord of contrast. Opposition is the best way to underline something and draw people’s attention. This technique is often used by Apple speakers: they do not display bright images or lots of text information, but short impressive data emphasized by a confrontment.
- Add some humor (like funny pictures) to reach exceptional memorable effect with the presentation.
- Multimedia presentation
- Evaluating multimedia presentations
- General Guidelines for Slide Design